Become a Student Ambassador – Volunteer
Student Ambassadors Announced: Miss Shreejana Tamang, Miss Shobha Kandel and Mr Saad Akhtar
The Student Ambassador Program (SAP) is an extra-curricular program open to both domestic and international on campus students. The Student Ambassadors will represent The Institute of International Studies (TIIS) to current, new and prospective students and external bodies.
The aim of SAP is to enhance the on-campus student experience and provide opportunities to develop skills and attributes essential for successful study and future employment opportunities.
The Student Ambassadors benefit because they:
- develop transferable skills through training and hands-on application;
- enjoy enhanced overall TIIS experience and make new friends;
- gain skills and experiences that improve their resume: leadership, team-work, public speaking, planning and organisation;
- receive a certificate of appreciation from the Dean at an end-of-year function.
- Contribute significantly to running activities during Orientation
- Support first year students during Weeks 0 to 4;
- Share your university experiences with future students relevant events;
- Contribute to organising and running events throughout the year to help students transition into the postgraduate life and learning, and transition out into the workplace;
- Contribute regularly to the TIIS social media pages;
- Assist with marketing initiatives by positively representing and promoting TIIS.
There are a number of areas which you can be involved
in as a Student Ambassador, including:
- Blog Writing / Publishing
- Social Events
- Sporting Events
- Academic Achievement
- Community Involvement
- Cultural Exchange
- Student Association Liaison
Student Ambassador will not be expected or encouraged to miss any classes. All commitments, however, should be organised around Ambassador commitments. Compulsory Student Ambassador training will be conducted outside of class time.
Unreasonable expectations will not be placed on Ambassadors in the lead up to and during the assignment/exam period, but Ambassadors will be expected to attend some events and workshops during The Institute’s holidays or weekends.